Saturday, November 8, 2008

Hood Canal

Since I have committed to work weekends (people buy houses on the weekends) Shaun and I decided to venture out to the Hood Canal this last week. It was a peaceful mini vaca that was needed! We packed up the wagon and headed out Wednesday. Most of our time was spent napping, watching the news (post election hooopla), eating, cooking, napping, eating some more and sewing. We were planning to go mushroom hunting for Chanterelle’s but got rained out!!! Poor Gus was SOOOO disappointed.

Shaun's Aunt Candy and myself made curtains for the nursery. They turned out so cute!!! The fabric was really nice to begin with and the pattern we used just made them look great. I don't know if I will ever spend $$$ on curtains again, when you can make something just as nice, if not something you like more because you are in complete creative control. The curtains are a pale blue. I have to get ribbon for the top. I am thinking of a green ribbon with dots of some sort and possibly getting some little brown puff balls (like what use to be on the back of our socks in the 80's- gotta love the 80's!) and scatter them on the curtains. Mmmmm....can't wait to go shopping! So far my project list is: Re-Covering the rocker cushions, making a cushion for the top of the blanket chest, throw pillows for the blanket chest, and a diaper stacker. We will see how far along I actually get in the next 4 months (less Christmas vaca, less parties galore and less extra sleep for my getting fatter by the minute butt). Shaun called me an oompa loompa this morning...........SAD!!!!! No new pics this time, so here is an oldie from our tree hunt in the mountains near their house.

2 comments:

  1. Post pics of the curtains when you get a chance. They sound adorable! I wish I was crafty on the sewing machine...I might need to have my mom give me lessons. Sounds like the nursery is moving right along. Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why are you so cute? I'm going to start calling you Smartha. I think we should make a call and get you set up for your own home decor show. I absolutely love the curtains! The nursery in looking adorable, the both of you are going to be wonderful parents!

    ReplyDelete