Monday, July 26, 2010

Office no more....

Since our house is only 3 bedrooms, this calls for some...let's say...prioritizing? Ugh. I hate to give it up, but I just can't see how a babies room, or kids room can be shared with an office. Right now my office contains the following: big cluttered unorganized desk, HUGE bookshelf full of craft

-----let me just interrupt....my hubby just brought me a pint of lemon sorbet :-) He is the sweetest hubby ever, but I will add that I bought the sorbet myself last night and when I went to get it tonight he had already finished it. Why is it men always seems to finish the things you wanted most off before you even think about it? Men. Love them. Love him for going to the store at 9:30 just for me ;-)

Anyhoo......HUGE bookshelf full of crafty making things, another bookshelf full of cookbooks, a twin bed decked out in Star Wars bedding (Spencer's future bed/current guest bed), Shaun's closet (full) and a whole lot of other random things that should probably go to Goodwill.


What am I going to do with all this stuff? Shaun says get rid of it, you don't use it anyway. Well, when I have time, again some day, I will need that stuff and I don't want to have to go buy everything again. Poop. He made the mistake of saying, "I use my tool bench in the garage 10 times more than you use your craft stuff", and I said then make room for me in the garage. haha.....sure. I guess it's all going into boxes? Which is fine, I think I will be able to survive, and if I miraculously get more time and energy and inspiration to get crafty again I can get it all out of the attic.


My biggest dilemma is what to do with the desk...which I cannot live without since I primarily work at home. I have an office at my brokerage, but I can't really go there in my pj's ;-). So, my only idea thus far is to convert my beloved armoire in the living room into a little desk/office area. The problem is it has a board down the middle, and I'm not sure I want to butcher my armoire. :( I guess we can work around it? Below are some pics. Not sure how it's going to work out.....I may need to hire a carpenter. hmmmmmmmmmmm...............babies you are always putting me through hoops! But I love you anyway.






No comments:

Post a Comment