Vacation Absurdities.....
Disclaimer!!!!! I am sitting in the airport with a 5 hour delay, so even though my vacation was ABSOLUTELY wonderful, and I have many fabulous things to share, this blog is appropriate for the moment. :-)
In order as it all occurred......
1. Getting snow the night before we leave for Florida and not being able to play in the snow with Gus. He LOVES to play in the snow and there's something magical about how our neighborhood park lights up with the white layer on the ground at midnight. So sad, but he had GREAT sitters who took him out!
2. The 4 inches of snow on the ground the morning we leave for our trip. The hills we hard to get down!
3. Being told every morning as we enter the Disney parks I should get a wheelchair (Disney is 40+ square miles by the way, and we were walking an average of 10 miles a day). I'm sorry, but I refuse to be "that girl". Although, it was unbelievable hard to keep up with my 18 family members.
4. Rude people equipped with strollers equals wheels rolled over your toes. I can't count how many times someone in my group was ran into by a stroller, or wheeled over. We had a stroller in our group...it's really not that hard to control.
5. Grandmas hanging out in the smoking section with a ciggy in one hand and a toddler in the other. I can't believe how inconsiderate some people are to the people around them, and in most cases their own kin! There are designated smoking sections throughout Disney World. Disney does a pretty good job with reserving space for cancer seekers in obscure areas, however with 1000's of people you always come across the trash that think it's ok to light up in the line of Peter Pan.......and lady- pay no attention to those who have left a 15 foot gap behind you, they're just tired.
6. There is a famous voice of Disney that tells you where you are going, to hold on to your children, watch the doors, sit down, what Resort or Theme Park you are at etc, etc. The absurdity is when you’re on the monorail the “Voice” tells you to stand clear of the doors, the doors slam shut, and then the “Voice” repeats himself in Spanish.........so basically if you don’t speak English you missed the warning. I actually think it’s a wee bit funny.
7. Having a 5 hour delay on your flight home.
8. How ridiculously slow the wi-fi is in the airport. I can't watch any good shows without it having to Buffer every 10 seconds.
well glad to know you made it home. Your post made me laugh and I needed it. On the note of the voices you hear in Disneyworld, that is on mine and my sisters list of great things about that place. Merry Christmas!
ReplyDelete