Saturday, January 3, 2009

PBK....you should be ashamed!

I have had complaints that I haven't registered for anything fun, so last night Shaun and I went and registered at Pottery Barn Kids. I did my homework and started my registry online beforehand.

Walking through the store I soon went into shock at the prices.....almost everything was 75% off or more! These were not the same prices I found online! I got a 3 pack sheet set for $14.97 that was online for $39.99 (orig. $54), a valance for $6.97 that was online for $19.99 (orig. $29), sham for $5.97 that was online for $11.99 (orig. $22), and bumper for $29.97 that was online for $49.99 (orig. $99). The crib skirt was $19.97 and the quilt was $24.97, these aren't available online anymore so I don't know what they were originally (but PBK is not cheap!). So in the end I got a complete set for $115. What a steal!

The "cheap" sets I found at BabiesRUs were at least $189. The greatest part of it all is the set has the same colors I have been using and it all matches perfectly with my fabrics! Oddly the green dot fabric that I have become obessessed with is almost identical to what is used in the PBK set (additionally odd, my secret Santa gift at the Annual Krekow's NYE partay was this adorable apron from Target with a green dot trim, again identical to my nursery fabric). This fabric print is showing up everywhere, it's so weird.

Anyhoot, just had to share my great deals! My girlfriend who equally shares this illness of "great deal obsessed" thinks it's just criminal of PBK to not have the same prices online. I agree, we may start a protest.


1 comment:

  1. Amen to that! I still can't believe it. I need to hit up the store ASAP before all the deals are gone! I really heart the apron. I think I may start wearing it every night while I prepare dinner. It could come in handy, as Carter just started his "food throwing" stage. It's just precious...hahaha!

    ReplyDelete