(Click the pic for a larger size)
Friday, October 17, 2008
Am I cheap?
I have to admit, I have an addiction to the sweet satisfaction of "saving money" and having a baby has opened up a whole new world to satisfy my craving! I have become quite the consignment shop fanatic. I had no idea there was such a huge market of mother’s selling their (generally) 3 months used baby goods in conjunction at these wonderful little stores. I have so far visited 4 shops from Redmond to Everett and to my delight spent minimal dollars for some great stuff! My favorite find is a complete Janie and Jack Outfit (head to toe coverage and accessories) for less than $10, I have had such luck 3 times! I found the babies bedding at Ashleigh’s Attic in Downtown Redmond (it’s adorable, I will post some pics). (Ashleigh’s Attic seems to always have a few Pottery Barn sets in almost new condition for about $40). I found the same bassinet I registered for for 1/3 the price and yesterday I picked up my GREATEST find EVER for Dad! I got this jogger (retails for $375-$400) for $69.99. It’s a TRUE Husky Purple and I have started the search for Gold UW Patches to sew onto it. I scrubbed the canvas last night and the frame and it looks NEW! I love it! I know (he that will soon be named) will love it too. That’s all for now, have a great weekend! PS the Armoire behind the jogger is apart of the nursery furniture set but it is too big (or our house is to small) to fit through the door frame.
(Click the pic for a larger size)


(Click the pic for a larger size)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sarah, You are not alone in this. Finding a good deal gives me the same satisfaction. I saved everything from when Thomas was a baby and when I found out I was having a girl I got rid of all of it. There were things that still had tags or had ony been worn once or twice. I had a garage sale and everything went. I have a consignment shop less than a mile away from my house, love it.
ReplyDeleteI love a good bargain too! The hunt for stuff is the fun part.
ReplyDeleteI was born to bargain shop. ;)
ReplyDelete