When we had our first appointment I thought it was going to be a very long 10 months. I can't keep surprises, Shaun and I both always give each other birthday presents early because we can't hold out. I have no patience so I was sort of panicking about how I have absolutely no control over this little being. :-) But now that we get to find the sex out, hopefully, in 2 weeks it feels like we're moving along! I can't imagine my stomach getting any bigger. It's so weird!! Our 1st ultrasound was crazy! It was moving SO much we were in total shock.
I had nausea up to the 12th week on the dot- like clockwork. It was really strange, all of a sudden it was gone and then I started to get this weird heartburn/indigestion feeling whenever I ate- which is more bearable than the nausea. I never actually threw up!!! I felt so sick sometimes, I was just waiting to barf and I never did. I have heard from lots of people if you don't throw up you're having a boy.....who knows. I got headaches too. I have never been someone who gets
headaches, so it was odd. I researched it and they were tension headaches, from the baby of course!
I have the weirdest food aversions. Chicken grosses me out...unless it’s in something like Mexican food or a yummy salad, but just plain-barf! So Shaun started making a lot of steak for dinner and I didn't like that either. So weird! Meat has become my enemy. Cheese has become MORE of a favorite and bad bad foods have become a craving. :-(
We haven't bought much for the nursery. We have 3 bedrooms and decided to try and combine the office with the guest bedroom, and well, that just isn't working. We have to get rid of our 2nd bed. We have this blue/teal furniture that we can use for the nursery. In the set we are going to use the blanket box(soon to be a toy box), a dresser as the changing table (you can buy a changing pad for the top and now so many
people do that the pads come with straps you can screw into the back of the dresser) and we will hopefully find a crib that matches the wood. My mom and I went shopping ALL OVER and found out that BabiesRUS has by far the biggest selection, quality stuff and great prices. I've looked on craigslist and have only found some cute pottery barn bedding sets.
That’s enough for now! Got inspired and felt like sharing
No comments:
Post a Comment